Yin Yoga 50hr Teacher Training with Hugh Lee
This wholistic teacher training course blends Yin Yoga, Chinese Medicine and Mindfulness and is open to everybody. No pre-requisites required, you don’t need to be a yoga teacher or an experienced yogi. However, a sincere and willing interest to learn is welcomed.
Course Content Covered :
- Theory & Practice of Yin Yoga: learn why and how to practice Yin Yoga
- Yin and Yang differences: understand the concept and importance of balancing Yin/Yang
- How Yin Yoga was developed: learn the origins of Yin Yoga and how it grew/evolved.
- Basic Yin Yoga asanas: study in detail the physical, mental and energetic benefits of each Yin Yoga posture
- How to use props in Yin Yoga: gain knowledge in many different ways props can be used to suit individual needs
- How to develop a home Yin Yoga practice that helps to nourish, replenish, rejuvenate and heal.
- Learn basic yoga anatomy in fun and practical ways
- Discover the differences between muscular tension (muscle tightness) and skeletal compression (bone hitting bone): learn the importance of understanding the differences in your own Yoga practice and in teaching students
- Understand the differences between function and aesthetics of poses
- Learn and experience meditative mindfulness approaches to Yin Yoga
- Discover the benefits and relevance of practicing Mindfulness Meditation Chinese
Chinese Medicine & Yin Yoga
- Learn fundamentals of Chinese Medicine and how it relates to Yin Yoga
- Learn about the relationship between fascial tissues and meridians
- Explore the relationship between meridians/organs and emotions
- Discover how the Chinese Medicine meridian approach to Yin can help bring healing and balance on physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels.
Teaching Yin Yoga
Learn safe modifications and variations for students: become skilled at creating modifications for students with special needs, injured and pregnancy.
Learn the art of sequencing that is purposeful and formulate relevant class themes
Hugh Lee Yin Yoga teacher training facilitator
Hugh first discovered the gift of Yoga in 2002 and has been a devoted student ever since. Hugh is a graduate of the Advanced Diploma of Yoga Teaching a 2 year course founded by Leigh Blashki, Melbourne. He began teaching in 2008, assisting and co-teaching with his mentor Andrew Mournehis on Yoga retreats in India, Bali and Australia. In 2013, Hugh trained in Yin Yoga with Paul and Suzee Grilley (100 hours Level one) and in 2015 trained with Sarah Powers “Insight Yoga” Yin Teacher Training 60 hours. Hugh came to Yoga and Meditation as tools for healing after years of suffering depression and anxiety.
Date: 14th Oct – 22nd Oct 2017 – 9 days
Time: 11am – 5:30pm
(early bird price $1250, if booked before 03/09/2017
Where: 15 Hallkeeper Lane, Moonee Ponds
(via Hall Street, follow signs down laneway to the purple door)